Re: New part file format document.

On 12/15/2010 06:37 PM, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
It will also require some diligence on the
user's part but I would rather not limit pin swaps to electrically
equivalent pins.

I understand not wanting to tie someones hands - but I'm not sure how that is useful?

Just to be clear, some of the auto routers use swap information - and they need to know that they are swapping the two pins from an and-gate rather than a data line an an enable. Seems like what you want to do should at least require a 'mother may I'. Wouldn't that just be editing the netlist?

To be swappable - the pins would need to be within the same gate, be of the same type, and thus the same electrically.

I must be missing something..

BTW, I remember there was a way where you could even do auto swapping that would help untangle the rats nest on the layout.

Karl Schmidt                                  EMail Karl@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Transtronics, Inc.                              WEB http://xtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street                             Ph (785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049                              FAX (785) 841-0434

Did you ever notice that in legal disputes it is only the lawyers that win? kps