Re: Compiling KiCAD release version March 2011

On 22 March 2011 00:25, Dick Hollenbeck <dick@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 03/21/2011 04:30 PM, Milind Gupta wrote:
>> Sorry I am still lost. So are you suggesting not to use windows?
>

> The response was more general than your specific problem, and targeted at
> those developers who have the skills, time and desire to support Windows.
>
> Brian looks like uour guy.
>

> Brian,
>
> I'm sure you know about the "file( DOWNLOAD )" support within CMake and all
> the gnuwin32 utilities such as patch or sed.
>
> With these building blocks, it should be possible to conger up magic from a
> single CMakeLists.txt script that builds everything needed, one could even
> go so far as downloading and installing mingw itself (optional).
>

> CMake would have to be installed first of course.
>

> Sure, could even have a script which installs bazaar, no end to it.
>

> We are getting a couple of these help me build Kicad requests per week now.
>
> So achieving hero status is within reach  :)
>
> Feel free to give the mechanism any name that might immortalize you.  :)
>

> TIA,
>
> Dick

Hi Dick,

I will look at it this weekend and see what I can come up with to make
life even easier than it is now (I think cmake is already a great
system). I don't really see much problem in automating the process
though, all the facilities are there to do it in cmake.

It would be nice to give something back, it's been a long while since
I've done any patches or anything and I have used KiCad a lot for both
commercial and non-commercial boards. :)

Best Regards,

Brian.