Re: Using C++ container for schematic item storage.

On 3/26/2011 2:33 PM, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
> On 03/25/2011 03:55 PM, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
>> Now that I have committed my EESchema hit testing changes, there is one last
>> major change I want to make to EESchema before the weather gets too nice here
>> in South East Virginia and my output tapers off until the fall.  I want to
>> convert the schematic item storage from the current internal linked list to a
>> C++ container.  If no one objects, I will go ahead make this change over the
>> next few weeks.
>>
>> Wayne
>
> What would this fix?
>
> The cost / benefit ratio is really poor, IMO.
>
> What is there now works, and we could probably find another time to look at
> containers when we rewrite the schematic loader.

I was thinking that getting this done before the new schematic loader
would help ease the transition when we get to that point.  I could be
wrong.  I was a bit premature on my previous claims anyway.  While
grepping the code today, I found a few more places where refactoring
code back in to the SCH_SCREEN object would be be time better spent and
make the transition to new containers more manageable.

Wayne