Re: KiCad Windows builder

On 3 August 2011 20:01, Kerusey Karyu <keruseykaryu@xxxxx> wrote:
> Dnia 2011-08-01, pon o godzinie 21:53 +0100, Brian Sidebotham pisze:
>>
>> Hi Kerusey,
>>
>> I have just fixed the wxWidgets build problem, and also the
>> out-of-date MinGW installer URL. Hopefully the MinGW installer will
>> become stable soon.
>>
> Well. The script is now working. :) MinGW was installed, wxWidgets are
> build, Kicad binaries also. But...
>
> After a 2 hours of script progress:
> 1) Kicad binaries are hudge. eeschema.exe is an ~10MB file for example.

Then they have debug symbols in. I will look into it. Maybe cmake
install strips the binaries of debug symbols.

> 2) Kicad binaries searching for libstdc++-6.dll and libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll
> I have found it on SF, but I think something (wx or Kicad) need a patch
> for easy Windows build.

Yuk, but okay. I will look into this too. You should find both in the
mingw/bin directory under the kicad-winbuilder directory. I expect
bumping the mingw installer bumped the version of gcc they default
too.

You will also find libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll under the KiCad bin directory. I
will do a vanilla test again. I obviously have these dll's in my path
somewhere.

> 3) With these dll's Kicad binaries need a long time to run. eeschema.exe
> for example need a 25 sec to start and show working area! Task manager
> shows 50% CPU usage during this time; and regular, an incremental memory
> "eating" up to 22 megs. :(

This will hopefully clear up by fixing the other issues.