Re: Kicad and page orientation.

On 01/18/2012 12:47 AM, Александр Закамалдин wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Dick wrote...
>> Don't know if GOST diffs are needed anymore in common/class_page_info.cpp, although for
>> some reason A4 page size is thought to be different between the two compilation paths:
>> #if defined(KICAD_GOST)
>> const PAGE_INFO PAGE_INFO::pageA4( wxSize( 8283, 11700 ), wxT( "A4" ) );
>> #else
>> const PAGE_INFO PAGE_INFO::pageA4( wxSize( 11700, 8267 ), wxT( "A4" ) );
>> #endif
>> Will the real paper size please stand up?
>> This is significant, because we would like GOST to be a runtime choice, not a compile time
>> choice if possible. That way we do not have to compile so many times for verifying
>> build-ability before each commit.
> This diffs are not needed for now in general. But in particular, this statement indirectly defines
> page orientation for the first time the page is drawn. It would be mentioned once more that
> A4 with landscape orientation is forbidden in GOST.

"forbidden in GOST".

is a phrase which raises a lot of questions, and it would be helpful if someone could
answer some or all of them:

1) Can I receive a copy of all the "rules" associated with GOST?

2) Is there a google search phrase you can recommend which will shed more light on GOST?
(Or does GOST prefer darkness, only comes out at night?)

3) What happens if a person does the forbidden with respect to GOST? Are there actually
GOST police, I mean who is making these rules?

4) Can someone please estimate how many people world wide are using GOST?

5) Can someone please estimate how many KiCad users are using GOST?

Actually 3) may be the most important question, since it establishes authority.

>  Also A4 size X have drifted in time from
> 8283 to 8268.

A4 size is well documented. Or are you using paper that is not truly A4 in size? Try
adjusting the "margins". Must we lie to a printer or a plotter here, to make this output
look good? (Please say which.)

Is there no better way?

> Although both sizes are in tolerance, 8283 produces better looking frame in
> GOST.

Is that with the light on?