Re: Kicad and page orientation.

On 01/18/2012 12:47 AM, Александр Закамалдин wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Dick wrote...
>> Don't know if GOST diffs are needed anymore in common/class_page_info.cpp, although for
>> some reason A4 page size is thought to be different between the two compilation paths:
>> #if defined(KICAD_GOST)
>> const PAGE_INFO PAGE_INFO::pageA4( wxSize( 8283, 11700 ), wxT( "A4" ) );
>> #else
>> const PAGE_INFO PAGE_INFO::pageA4( wxSize( 11700, 8267 ), wxT( "A4" ) );
>> #endif
>> Will the real paper size please stand up?
>> This is significant, because we would like GOST to be a runtime choice, not a compile time
>> choice if possible. That way we do not have to compile so many times for verifying
>> build-ability before each commit.
> This diffs are not needed for now in general. But in particular, this statement indirectly defines
> page orientation for the first time the page is drawn. It would be mentioned once more that
> A4 with landscape orientation is forbidden in GOST. Also A4 size X have drifted in time from
> 8283 to 8268. Although both sizes are in tolerance, 8283 produces better looking frame in
> GOST.

The GOST margins that were chosen by GOST implementors in KiCad are as follows

#define GOST_LEFTMARGIN 800 // 20mm
#define GOST_RIGHTMARGIN 200 // 5mm
#define GOST_TOPMARGIN 200 // 5mm
#define GOST_BOTTOMMARGIN 200 // 5mm

This means you are within 5 mm of the paper's edge.

Here the A4 paper tolerances are given as +- 2mm:

http://www.papersizes.org/a-paper-sizes.htm

So my guess is that we could change this setting for you each week, based on where you buy
your GOST paper from that particular week, since you are reserving only about 5 mm from
the paper's edge when the paper size itself is subject to a 2 mm swing.

So, after giving up an entire Sunday afternoon for your Alexander, with nothing in return
to say for it, my patience it now at NULL.