Re: problem with the Help link "getting started in kicad"

Alexander,
it works great, thank you very much for fixing it.

Just in case somebody google for this option in the future I'd like to add:

If anybody working on linux has the problem that kicad pdf manuals get
not open in evince or acrobat reader but instead in Gimp, an easy fix
is to edit this file:

gedit ~/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list

and add the line:

application/pdf=evince.desktop;firefox.desktop;

Also, the current KiCad option (Options - PDF Viewer - PDF Viewer)
does allow you to setup your favorite editor but unfortunately this
option does not appear in eeschema nor in pcbnew, etc.

Maybe the same default pdf viewer setup option (in the top Options
menu) should be make available in the other kicad programs, not sure
it is worth it.

Furthermore, ideally, under Linux, I think instead of the current
kicad pdf viewer option it is better to just have the option "set
evince as default pdf viewer". This because often people do not really
know where executables (like evince) are.

I think I am done with my 5 min. ranting ;-)

thank you all
Fabrizio