Re: I really *love* STL error messages

On 03/26/2012 12:46 PM, Lorenzo Marcantonio wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 10:44:32AM -0500, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
>>> WX_DECLARE_HASH_MAP(const char*, EDA_RECT, wxStringHash, wxStringEqual, RECT_MAP );
>> Probably you are not using the other hashtable named PROPERTIES, declared in hashtable.h,
>> because you are not defining:
>>
>> USE_NEW_PCBNEW_SAVE
>>
>> in your build?  Just checking to see if this other similar hashtable is building in your
>> environment....
> Uhmm I don't think I'm using USE_NEW_PCBNEW_SAVE, unless it gets enabled by default...
> Looking better I have in the CMakeCache:
>
> //use new plugin support for legacy file format
> USE_NEW_PCBNEW_SAVE:BOOL=OFF
>
> wxGTK is 2.8.11
>
> If you're interested I can do a build enabling it to see if gcc 4.6.2 still has troubles and/or rejects the const...

Enabling USE_NEW_PCBNEW_SAVE will likely cause an addition compilation failure on your system.

wxGTK 2.8.11 was out before gcc 4.6 is my guess.  Therefore wx people had no way to adjust to changes in gcc 4.6 hashtable support without a time machine.

Probably a newer wxGTK will fix the problem.

The reason I chose to use wx hashtable support was to make them (wx people) do the work of following something that only recently has come out of the tunnel.  I did not want to chase a moving target.

In two years I would go a different way.  But, "letting wx do the work" means letting them do the work by using a sufficiently new version relative to your compiler.

Is this possible for you?  Or can you simply apply this little patch you found for the next little bit.

Your patch is not appropriate beyond your system.

Dick