Re: Kicad preference questions

On 05/10/2012 01:15 AM, Lorenzo Marcantonio wrote:
On Wed, May 09, 2012 at 10:26:21PM -0500, Moses McKnight wrote:
3. It seems to me it would make a lot more sense to put the library
search paths in the .eeschema preferences file than in the project
file.  Do people actually use different paths for library files for
projects on the same computer?  For my projects the search paths

Yes, especially with PCB modules. So you can have a library dir with
8 mil tech and another one with 6 mil tech.

I guess I still don't understand the reasoning here. Why can't you have 8 mil libraries and 6 mil libraries in the same directory? What's more, why can't you have the search path to both in all your projects even if you only use one set in a given project? Surely you haven't named the libraries with identical names?

Of course the libraries loaded can be different for each project, but that doesn't affect the search path.

Moses