Re: Patch: Don't force modal dialog on creating a new file

Le 14/05/2012 22:04, Dick Hollenbeck a écrit :
On 05/14/2012 03:01 PM, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
On 05/14/2012 02:15 PM, Lorenzo Marcantonio wrote:
On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 08:13:22PM +0200, jean-pierre charras wrote:
If can be a valid empty file (mainly containing a short valid header)
No, that's a mess.  We don't want fragments of file knowledge scattered about.
I just spent time killing crap like that off.

In fact it incensed me so badly that I was a hair away from leaving the project.
I have never been closer, nor more ashamed to have been part of KiCad.

File format knowledge needs to be encapsulated into as few places as possible.

Just as importantly, you have no persistent knowledge of what file format is going to be
in play on any given day with plugins in effect.

So forget that idea.

Good point.

So passing an option (something like --new for instance) if needed in the command file should be enough.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS