Re: Patch: Don't force modal dialog on creating a new file

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 11:56:54PM +0200, Fabrizio Tappero wrote:
> I might be wrong but If I open libreoffice either by the writer or by
> the app manager, I do not see any warning window. A warning appears
> only if I actually write something in it and attempt to close the
> window without saving it. This is I think the classic behaviour of
> apps around.

eeschema/pcbnew actually works that way. They open with a blank page when called without arguments. In fact I often bypass the project manager (which is /almost/ superflous).

Call soffice with a nonexistant file name and you'll see the error box.

The issue is that usually apps don't have a 'new with this name' behaviour.

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl