Re: Panelization of PCB

Hi Richard,

I know some users of KiCad prefer to use the gerbv program from the gEDA
package, and I'm not sure how much effort has been put into gerbview in
recent years. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

For my own production needs, my board houses have always been more than
happy to take my gerber files for just one copy of the design, and
handle the panelization themselves, and mail me a stack of as many
boards as I want. I've done this for orders of 2500+ individual PCBs, so
that might be an option for your production needs.

I suppose if you want to get the whole finished panels back (instead of
individual boards) for something like automated assembly, or need
control over the details of panelization, then it makes sense to do the
panelization yourself. I haven't ever done anything like that, but let
us know if you find some good software for it! I'm sure other folks on
this list have experience with self-panelization.

Good luck!

-Matthew Beckler
Wayne and Layne, LLC