Re: Simplified vias patch proposal

Hi Miguel :)

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 08:18:15AM +0200, Miguel Angel Ajo Pelayo wrote:
> Hi Samuel, I also had the same problem recently (making a high power led
> controller   3x8A channels), and people complain from time to time about
> this issue,

Nice ! In the hacker space, we also have a cool 2kW brushless motor
controller and we will also need this feature for this project.

> I'd be willing to see this working,

you can try my patch easily :

just run :

$ patch -p0 < kicad-add-vias.diff

in a fresh checkout of the bzr repository and it should compile at once :)

I can also provide a 64 bits linux binary if you want.

> but as far as I know there are many issues to take care of: cleanup
> code (as lorenzo said), clearance, etc. I have very little experience
> on this area, but..

For me, it seems to be okay, please feel free to run more tests ! Any
feedbacks are welcomed even if I am willing to find a proper way to add
this feature.

Thanks for your time folks !

Crafty