Re: Suggesting a solution for the ever last icon size ugliness in Kicad for Linux

Dear George,
G'Day ! I see you are the maintainer of the Debian/Ubuntu PPA for
Kicad and I was wondering if you could give us a little help. We are
experiencing an icon problem with ubuntu and (I guess) other
linux-based distribution and I am not really sure how to fix it.

The problem is that the kicad icon and kicad tools icons (eeschema,
etc) do not appear with right resolution in Ubuntu/Unity left nav. bar
or in the alt-tab bar.

Synaptic tells me that the only icon installed with kicad seems to be:
/usr/share/pixmaps/icon_kicad.xpm
which is actually 128px but still not visualising well in Ubuntu/Unity
left nav. bar.... wrong format? wrong location?

Where are the other icons? eeschema icon for instance? kicad is made
of a group of 6 executable.

So that you know, the latest kicad version has a large set of icons
(that I made) in various formats. You find them here:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~kicad-testing-committers/kicad/testing/files/head:/bitmaps_png/icons/

Please let us know what we should do to fix this icon visualisation
problem. Naturally I can generate any icon at any resolution/format.

Also, since we are here, how do I get synaptic to retrieve a kicad screeshot?

Thank you in advance for your help

Fabrizio