Re: KiCad Developers

I would just like to chime in as a user that I guess I don't mind
whether I launch the "window" where I assign footprints from the main
KiCad launcher or from eeSchema. The decoupling between the schematic
file and the footprint assignment is quite important to me though. I
like being able to have a diode somewhere and not care what package it
comes in. Having these as separate files is definitely a feature for
me.

WIth that in mind I guess I fail to understand why maintaining a
seperate DLL/DSO is easier than maintaining a separate executable.