Re: Python scripting cmake build macros.

On 01/16/2013 11:16 AM, Miguel Angel Ajo Pelayo wrote:
> Other option we could have right now is compile out the wxpython support and provide
> only embedded python scripting + python pcbnew module for windows users.
>
> In that case, next functionalities are lost:
>
> 1) PyCrust shell inside pcbnew
> 2) Ability to create and run own wx-uis in the embedded python scripting.
>
> And we keep:
>
> 3) pcbnew module for commandline python scripting
> 4) embedded pcbnew wizards & plugins
>
> Wayne, could you document the steps you followed until now so I can try to reproduce it and fight a little bit in this war ?

In a half hour last night, I was able to cross compile python for windows, on linux, using
mingw32.

Just get source to tag v2.7.1 python using hg,  then apply David's cmake patch.

Build a simple CMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE for your linux mingw toolset, and it built just fine.

CMake, Linux, Mingw, cross-compiling, and money are my answer to any problems in this topic.

Since they don't exist in sufficient quantity, I am now dropping out of this topic.

The talk about using microsoft tools getting pulled back into the project are too painful
to even participate in.