Re: KiCad in the news.

Thanks Karl for the invitation to join the group. It's great to be here!

I'm Jonathan, one of the founders of CircuitHub. I can confirm that
CircuitHub will support KiCAD soon. We are working on the plugin right
now.

I'd also be interested in your more expert opinions about how the
integration would work best. With all of our supported tools we appear
as a library that you place parts out of. Given that KiCAD is open
source, there is an opportunity to do a deeper (better) integration
thereby showing off the advantages of an open architecture.

Our free universal database contains symbols and footprints for parts
sourced by users. We also track supply chain/distribution and
parametric descriptions for all of the parts. The goal is to get to a
universal online database that is fully audited, always up-to-date,
and ready-to-use across all tools.

According to a survey by PCD&F, the non-portability of the library is
the single biggest barrier to users trying a new CAD tool. It's my
hope that CircuitHub can help KiCAD get more exposure and, therefore,
users.

If I can help out in any other way or if you have any questions, let
me know. I'm on the list now, so you can reach me here, or directly
via e-mail (or phone, see signature).

Warm regards,
-Jonathan

Jonathan Friedman, PhD