Re: Scripting on Windows Fix

On 15 March 2013 19:57, Adam Wolf <adamwolf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Brian,
>
> Good work!  Are these patches available somewhere?  I'd like to throw it
> on my build cluster this weekend if you get a chance to post the patches
> and the versions they need to be applied against.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Adam Wolf
> W&L

Hi Adam,

Sorry for the delayed response, my impending wedding is eating up virtually
all available spare time at the moment.

Patches need completing for this job, there are some things for me to
figure out with how we build wxPython. At the moment it requires patching
distutils in python ( It really is *that* bit-rotten for the mingw
compiler! ). I hate that patch anyway, and I wouldn't like to suggest that
the patch won't break distutils for other build configurations ( like
building with mingw in a cygwin environment. *shudder* ! )

I'll post an update ASAP and we can decide on a way forward.

Best Regards, Brian.