Re: layer based constraints

On Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 05:44:22PM +0200, Tomasz Wlostowski wrote:
> P&S is currently the top priority for me, I can't spend time
> evaluating DRC speed. Another bottleneck in the DRC is the lack of
> spatial indexing and numerically unstable clearance calculations.
> There's a lot of stuff to be improved there.

Something similar popped up with Vesa benchmarking the drawing code...
often things are computed and not even assigned (because of optional
parameters). Something about 4 square roots for each line to be drawn:P

As for the spatial indexing I already suggested some trials with the
boost rtree library. I'm not too sure of the reject ratio with the
typical track packing on a modern board, especially with long diagonal
tracks. Maybe some better indexing structure would be needed (I'm not an
expert on these... but at least on some GIS rtrees works well only for
small/pointiform features)

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl