Re: Regression Testing

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 05:06:29PM -0700, Travis Ayres wrote:
> We could entirely avoid the python 2/3 question by implementing and
> sticking with C++, and if we arent going to get satisfactory speed it would
> forever doom the tool to toy status

I'm not saying that python sucks (actually I hate it, but that's
a personal opinion, not a technical one), mind me... it's only that some
thing can be done... calmly, others should be snappy.

For example, the BOM (most if not all of the reporting stuff, actually)
or the part wizard would be perfectly fine done with a scripted
language. Some DRC info could be, as we discussed (maybe with some
tricks). But having, for example, the component or pad property dialog
in python would be a little risky...

Of course the 'professional' answer would be: write it in python then
junk it and rewrite in C++ if it's too slow.

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl