Re: About MCAD integration

On Mon, May 06, 2013 at 10:06:18AM +0200, Miguel Angel Ajo wrote:
> anyway I find more useful a full model output (with all shapes) than bounding boxes :)

Then you *really* have a lot of memory and processor time to handle you
designs :D (alternatively you don't need complex designs). Boundary models
are also used for airflow calculation models, BTW. Really there is
usually (if not ever) no advantage in having a pin-by-pin model of a QFP
or something (except eye candy, maybe)

IGES is not 'easy' (it's a little easier maybe, in respect to STEP) but
at least is a) stable (STEP is not actually finished yet) and b) fully
and freely documented. The fact that c) is AFAIK still required for some
goverment work should ensure that it won't go away in a short time...

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl