Re: 'Move' vs. 'drag' user experience justification

On 13 June 2013 15:24, Chris Morgan <chmorgan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thoughts?
>
> I'm thinking it would address everyone's concerns, the two types of move
> could be kept and new users could be helped to know the differences between
> the two (and taught the hotkey values) so they wouldn't have to fuss over
> whether their custom parts had the correct pin modes defined (input, output
> etc).
>
> I could do a mockup of this particular hint if it would help and also
> implement the framework for the feature.
>
> Chris

I purely use move, I don't think I've ever seen a use for drag without
smart re-routing of wires. Each to their own really. Both options should
stay because everyone has a different opinion and use.

As another opinion, I really don't like nag dialogs. We would be better off
getting more tutorials, and/or improving the documentation.

The translators have the minimum amount of work to do then too as the
documentation is in the manual, and not semi-repeated in a small nag box.

Best Regards, Brian.