Re: Are the python BOMmers case sensitive?

>> I will yield to Jean-Pierre and Wayne however, saving my capital for
>> larger issues.
>
> I've never liked the fact the Eeschema is case insensitive so you'll get
> no argument from me.  It's just been that way since I've joined the
> project.  Changing it surely will break some existing projects and
> libraries.  There is only one way to find out how many things will get
> broken.  That's one of the reason's I never tackled the problem.  I
> didn't want to know the answer to that question :).  If you feel up to
> it, by all means make Eeschema case sensitive.
>

>> Certainly fixing eeschema will break designs,  unless somebody can think
>> of a fix point where eeschema can heal the design.

My suggestion and hope would be that Jean-Pierre fix this.  This could probably be done by
some temporary code that lives in there for a year or two, which simply scans the
schematic component names before saving them to disk, and making sure they match the
library part names or aliases exactly before saving them in the schematic files.

This way loading is not broken, it can still be case insensitive for awhile, year or two.