Re: Announcement

On Wed, 10/30/13, Wayne Stambaugh <stambaughw@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Subject: [Kicad-developers] Announcement
 To: "KiCad Developers" <kicad-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 Date: Wednesday, October 30, 2013, 9:29 AM

 Now that the repo is back in good
 shape following my lapse in judgement
 (Thanks Dick!) I am happy to announce that the CERN
 OpenGL/Cairo
 rendering, push and shove router, and the new tool framework
 code has
 been committed to the testing branch for widespread testing
 and
 development.  Please note that building kicad has
 changed slightly on
 some platforms.  Here are the revised build
 instructions:

 - Linux: it builds exactly the same as always
 - Windows: cross compilation (http://www.ohwr.org/documents/251) and
 native build using mingw (http://www.ohwr.org/documents/300)
 - Mac OS: http://www.ohwr.org/documents/293

 Please note that most of the Pcbnew editing tools have not
 been ported
 to the new framework.  Therefore, most of the editing
 has to be
 performed in the default rendering mode.  It will take
 some time for
 this to happen so please be patient as this work continues.

 I want to personally thank the folks at CERN who made all of
 this possible.

 Enjoy,