Re: KiCad patch sets break build

On 2013-11-13, at 10:11 AM, Dick Hollenbeck <dick@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Hi Dick,
>>
>> Here's a least-invasive patch to get the boost component compiling on "APPLE" platform again:
>>
>> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~andrew-plumb/+junk/download_boost_apple_cmake/revision/4463?compare_revid=4459
>>
>> In theory, the CMakeModules/download_boost_apple.cmake file should copy over the original
>> CMakeModules/download_boost.cmake and "just work" for all platforms, but I'm not in a
>> position to test that theory at this time.
>>
>> Gotta pick my battles. :-)
>>
>> Andrew.
>

> Andrew,
>
> I do not understand this change.  If we look at your
>
>   ExternaProject_Add(),
>
> It looks like you are only copying the headers, and that is insufficient to qualify as an
> acceptable patch.  You are just kicking the can down road, in fact not even that, kicking
> it sideways.
>

> I will not commit this change, sorry.
>

> Dick

No worries!  It's something I can patch outside the code stream in my personal KicadOSXBuilder environment until someone with more experience with CMake+boost+OSX quirks can fix it.

Thanks!

Andrew.

--

"The future is already here.  It's just not very evenly distributed" -- William Gibson

Me: http://clothbot.com/wiki/