Re: KiCad patch sets break build

On 2013-11-14, at 1:12 PM, Wayne Stambaugh <stambaughw@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[deletia]
> It's incomplete so I will not commit the changes.  Of course you are
> free to use it in your own branch.  The problem is assuming that Boost
> 1.55 solves all of our problems (a dangerous assumption without
> testing), your fix will happily use any version of Boost that it finds
> not necessarily 1.55.  This is one of the limitations of CMake.  Many of
> the find package macros do not allow you to define a version test.  Of
> course, you could always write one.  If you decide to use your changes,
> please make sure if you file any geometry (PCB zones) bug reports, that
> you specifically state that you are not using the patched version of
> Boost.  Otherwise, you'll waste developers time chasing down bugs that
> may have already been fixed.

The default boost for MacPorts is still 1.54; I haven't tried 1.55, just peeked at the code-base to see where patches sit in relation to it.

Good to know about the PCB zones link.  The copper fill/exclude zone polygons have never displayed properly for me under any version of kicad on Mac (pre-4452 built or current) so I edit them in vi.  At least now I can see them when I switch to the OpenGL or Cairo canvas modes to visualize my edits!

Andrew.

--

"The future is already here.  It's just not very evenly distributed" -- William Gibson

Me: http://clothbot.com/wiki/