Re: Quitting the library table dialog using ESC

On 11/19/2013 12:03 PM, Carl Poirier wrote:
> Yes that is I believe the behavior users would expect. (double-ESC if cell editor is active)
>
> Thanks for the clarification.
>
> Carl

Its another wx 2.8 specific issue.

On wx 2.9/3.0, the ESC key cancels the dialog, regardless of the status of the cell editor.

I am running into about 2 of these wx 2.8 vs. 2.9/3.0 issues per day now.

Just fixed another one which broke the

  DIALOG_FP_PLUGIN_OPTIONS::onListBoxItemSelected( wxCommandEvent& event )

handler in wx 2.8.

I am punting, I don't have time to delve into the old wxGrid code if its been fixed

wx >= 2.9

Cell editor and what not would be very time consuming.

Push your distro maintainer to get out wx 3.0 into the repo or a PPA.
And do the same for wxPython, so it parks on wx >= 3.0

Dick