Re: Development of IDFv3 export

On Wed, Dec 04, 2013 at 04:51:41PM -0800, Cirilo Bernardo wrote:
> Well, it's an enforced "nobody cares" value since even an expensive MCAD package will not give you what you want even when IDF provides it. I wonder if CATIA does any better.  What kind of flags would you put on holes and how would you use those flags? I'm just curious - not volunteering to code such a thing of course. :P

At least you can simply do NPTH = MTG, THT = PIN... vias are, well, VIA
and tooling is only for panels which pcbnew doesn't do anyway.

The only enhancements I've felt a need for is a MTG/PIN flag for pins
(to exclude electrical only pin from plots and maybe 3d exports) and
(maybe) an (un)tent flag for vias (for thermal vias). The latter I found
are better implemented as pads on the module (otherwise cross-stitching
the vias is a pain).

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl