Re: The problems with wxString

> In my opinion if the class is specifically designed for
>> UTF8, we could drop the std::string iterator.

It is, but it is for strings, not UTF8 character manipulation.  Its best use is at the
edge of the system in helping with serialization and de-serialization to disk, clipboard,
other byte oriented peripherals TBD.  Futurer brain interfaces, etc.  whatever needs 8 bit
data.

As I said before, if I wanted to rewrite wxString, I would have done it in one line of
code via:

typedef  std::basic_string<uint32_t>  MYSTRING;

One might even call it wxUString:

  http://docs.wxwidgets.org/trunk/classwx_u_string.html

But my intent with class UTF8 was not to *replace* wxString.  It was to overcome the 3
stated deficiencies, and only those, such that serialization to 8 bit strings was easier
to look at.

> Definitely not.  There are few expected side effects to treating it like a std::string.
> If you find one, I'd rather you work in wxStrings.

Now that the 3 stated deficiencies of using wxString are gone, that makes my objections to
using wxString also gone.  This was achieved by augmentation from the outside.

Dick