Re: Revisiting the Git decision (I come in peace! - with a patch)

>________________________________

I agree with that. There were just so many things going on and no one found time
to work on the information on the web pages. I'd volunteer to do something, but
making web pages which look good is probably one of my weakest points.

As for bzr vs git, git and bzr do many things differently and the fact that bzr
is no longer actively maintained is not really a problem. Bzr obviously works well
already and unless there's one specific feature in git which we need or where the
bzr implementation is just awful in comparison, why bother moving? If a dev is
really struggling working with bzr, I'd have serious doubts about their abilities
anyway. Personally I've been on too many projects where people have wasted time
switching VCS. I'd vote for leaving the project on bzr until (1) launchpad moves
to git and provides tested migration tools or (2) we change hosts.

Anyway, getting back to web pages, I can work on instructions for
Debian Wheezy + Sid. Since I don't want to hijack a thread, I'll send out
another post.

- Cirilo