Re: About The KIWAY is getting wings: first trial on W7 and mingw32.

On 02/17/2014 12:12 PM, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:

>>> Dick
>>
>> Dick,
>>
>> Great success:
>> All issues I found are now fixed, both on Linux and on Windows/mingw.
>>
>> Thank you.
>>

> OK, pcbnew is mostly building now also, but I get the error below.  I will be taking a
> break from this for a day or so.
>
> If somebody can look at this code and see if it is truly relocatable already, and just
> needs a command line option to state that in the object header, OR
> it is not relocatable and needs to be rewritten.
>
> The linker seems to think its not relocatable.
>
> Google for it if you like please.  That would save me some time and be helpful.
>

> Linking CXX shared module libpcbnew_kiface.so
> /usr/bin/ld: ../../boost_root/lib/libboost_system.a(error_code.o): relocation R_X86_64_32
> against `.rodata.str1.1' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC

I should mention that _pcbnew.kiface should in theory link on Windows, and run.

You'd be the first to test it though, so use a Debug build so any asserts can fire.

The command line loading of a board is not there.  If you want contribute, you can rename
the PCB_EDIT_FRAME:: function which currently loads a board, and make it conform to the
contract of OpenProjectFiles() found in KIWAY_PLAYER class.  It has to replace the default
implementation in KIWAY_PLAYER so get all the parameters of the function correct so the
default one gets displaced.

Then you should be able to load a BOARD from the command line.

Us linux guys will have to wait.

Thanks for anyone's help.

Dick