Re: New icons for KiCAD

Le 12/03/2014 17:44, Барановский Константин a écrit :
> Yes, these icons I made ​​for myself without agreement with anyone, my
> fault. But I do not require to you use them immediately. I offer them
> for your consideration. If you like - use, no - don't use (all or part
> of them).
> I can only ask you not to jump to conclusions. Install new icons to use
> for yourself for few days and then go back to the standard icons to see
> the difference.
> The main problem in updating the documentation, but I have already
> mentioned that the update is ready to help.
> I don't want to make it look as if I'm trying to impose something.
>
> Regards, Konstantin.

First, Fabrizio and Konstantin, thanks for you involvement in Kicad.

Konstantin, of course,you do not need an agreement to work on a new set
of icons.
But, on the other hand, avoiding duplicate work is always good.

Konstantin , Many of yours icons look good.
Some are new, and very intersting.
Many are also equivalent to our existing icons, which do not need to be
replaced.

And, I should say, few (very few, but few) are not as good as our
current icons.

So, may I ask you to try to work together to:
- replace old icons by the new ones, when new ones are really better.
- add, when needed, new icons from Konstantin'work.
- and leave the current good and recent icons "as this" to avoid useless
work from doc writers/translators.

A team is a group of guy who are able to work together.
Inside a team, it sometimes happens some guys do not have the same
opinion about something.
But, as long as the respect exists, an agreement is always possible
between these guys.

If so, translators will be happy to spend some time to work on a better
documentation (I am the translator for the French doc).

What translators do not like is just replace icons they are just
replaced by new equivalent but not better icons.

Thanks.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS