Re: KIPRJMOD appears to be broken.

On 04/15/2014 10:24 AM, Javier Serrano wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 4:23 PM, Dick Hollenbeck <dick@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Today is my 58th birthday, and it has become very clear to me recently that I am really
>> tired of looking at poorly written KiCad source code.  I am not long for this project.
>
> Happy birthday Dick, and thanks for all the hard work. Regarding poor
> code, I don't know to what extent it keeps coming in, but if it does I
> think it would be very healthy for the project to politely reject it
> with some suggestions to improve it, regardless of whom it comes from.
> We are all here to help, and poor code is no help. I can speak for
> Orson and Tom. They will take any constructive feedback, should it be
> needed, positively. And I expect the same attitude from anyone who
> truly wants to help KiCad. Saying somebody's code is not as good as it
> should is not a personal attack. If a developer has the right
> attitude, (s)he should see it as help.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Javier

Thanks Javier.  It is a good thing that you brought it up, as it encourages candour and
the re-thinking of current policies.  This is a delicate issue.

Unfortunately I would not be able to do it in a delicate way, because as I said, I find it
repulsive, so delicate language and repulsive don't mix for me.

It is something you guys can sort out after I leave.

If you really want me to I can offer a final opinion on my way out the door.  Until then I
choose to remain respectful.

Dick