Re: KIPRJMOD appears to be broken.

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 08:54:19AM -0500, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
> >> Today is my 58th birthday, and it has become very clear to me recently that I am really
> >> tired of looking at poorly written KiCad source code.  I am not long for this project.

Late cheers :D

On bad code I would to make a distinction:
- Bad as in badly formatted, unreadable and so on (mostly subjective
  issue)
- Bad as in bad style or using widely deprecated constructs like
  a = b = 0; that's objectively bad
- Bad as in abusing data structures or constant sets (screams revenge)

In reworking the track/via classes I found that a) it works just because
S_CIRCLE (a STROKE_T, for shapes) has (by sheer coincidence, I think)
the same value as VIA_THROUGH and b) the autoplacer/router substantially
put a DRAWSEGMENT in a TRACK. Using the shape member (the via
type) to keep the drawsegment shape...

These things make me fond of REDEFINES in COBOL (more or less like the
union in C...)

I just hope that's because it really ancient code never touched
before...

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl