Re: Library Convention

02/05/14 16:06, Lorenzo Marcantonio kirjoitti:
> On Fri, May 02, 2014 at 07:54:24AM -0400, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
>> My primary concern is consistency.  I am less concerned about the actual
>> text size.  As of right now, there is no consistency that I can see in
>> the symbol libraries.
>
> I haven't looked at the standard libraries since a long time, so I have
> no idea. However if we must pick a consistent value, at least we should
> pick a good one...

Seconded. The current standard library is a mess and that's what we are
up to solve.

To make things a bit easier and avoid duplicate work my proposal is to
make a "meta library" that gets scripted to current library format. The
script pulls in the relevant graphic symbol and builds the alias list,
pin names/numbers and package options if needed.

The meta libray could be an ODF spreadsheet with fields for everything
needed. That way the checking for correctness and user interface for
library work would get much better. It can also contain more information
than current format, so we would get double benefit when moving on to
SWEET libraries.

Fiddling with text sizes, pin lengths and line widths would be just
run-command away.

-Vesa