Re: Forward-compatibility in s-expression formats

On 05/08/2014 03:06 PM, Lorenzo Marcantonio wrote:
> On Thu, May 08, 2014 at 02:44:58PM -0500, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
>> Please include comparative benchmarks with your patch submission.  If there's no
>> appreciable performance hit, then you have a chance getting the patch accepted.
>
> Are we *really* interested in the performance of file read/write when
> there are horrible things going on at each redraw? :P
>
> Seriously, document file I/O is usually the least performance sensitive
> part for a desktop applicatio

If the guys maintaining the footprint libraries continue to be generous with their time we
cannot foresee the eventual size of the footprint database.

I think for the guy who does not trim down his fp-lib-table to an interesting subset, may
soon be trying to load a lot of footprints, maybe even unknowingly.

I do feel speed is important, but I am not sure how much slower the DOM parser may be, and
that is why a measurement is a good thing.

Are you having any luck with lisp on your pic?