GAL for non-OpenGL

I was reading the road map (good work on that BTW), and I would comment
on this point:

- Port wxDC to GAL or get Cairo rendering to nearly the performance of
  the current wxDC rendering so that we have a single framework to
  develop new tools and we can continue to support systems that don't
  have a complete OpenGL stack.

Question: why not simply do a GAL implementation using wxDC instead of
the other way? Are there technical issues on that?

I don't think you can squeeze performance out of cairo without gallium
drivers and AFAIK gallium is developed only for gpus which already have
working opengl... so just use opengl on them:P

Also I don't know why but it seems that the opengl view is more tiring
on the sight... maybe it's because it's less contrasty or because of the
transparent blending? no idea, just an impression of mine (I've really
thick glasses so I'm not a 'standard' viewer)

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl

Follow ups