Re: 3D viewer, VRML V1.0 support

On 07/14/2014 08:09 PM, Mário Luzeiro wrote:
Hi,
I can show you some progress of my work with this screenshots from parts that I took directly from 3dcontentcentral in "their" VRML V1 format:
http://imgur.com/a/PlH7g

It may still need a bit of cleaning the code before submit.

I have more ideas in mind and could contribute, however, I was looking for the first time to the overwall kicad source code (and special the 3d viewer source code), and I am a bit disapointed.
It is a lot messy and it is missing a proper library support, if we want expand and improove features.. ( things like vector, matrix, math, etc.. )

I am not planning add by my self source code to do vector and matrix, 3d stuff... it will be too time consuming, so.. is it possible or planned to adopt / import some other open source library? what are the policies?

Hi Mario,

Please have a look at include/math directory - there you may find some basic vector/matrix data structures. If you are looking for more advanced functionality, I recommend glm library [1] located in include/opengl/glm. I use it with the OpenGL backend, so there are chances that it will satisfy your needs.

Regards,
Orson

[1] http://glm.g-truc.net/0.9.5/index.html

Regards,