Re: Module editor branch merged

On 07/17/2014 05:20 PM, Cirilo Bernardo wrote:
> [...]

The day we first talked about this was more than a year ago.  On the very same day, 20
minutes later, I spent 20 minutes and added support for it to the specctra export.  The
Collector class was very convenient for that.  I simply gathered up all the
segments/graphics on the Edge.Cuts layer, aggregating them into a Collector, and then
output them as a specctra board perimeter.

My thinking was that it was incumbent on the board perimeter to have gaps in it, which
would be filled in by segments from the module on the edge of the board.  This would be
like for castle-ations.  Or an edge connector with notch(es).

I don't think you have to make this too complicated.  You do not have an ambiguous board
perimeter.  Your actual *board level* Edge.Cuts graphics would be open.  Then entire
polygon would then be closed with the addition of the module which closes the gap.  You'd
have to butt the ends of the graphics.

The Edge.Cuts graphics in the module know what their relationship to the accompanying Cu
should be.