Re: 3D-Viewer new rendering and contributions.

> Any suggestions on how this can be unified will be welcome. One option
> is to add a selection item to the VRML dialog to specify if the offset
> is mm or inch. With that option I can also implement a good IDF solution.
> - Cirilo

I don't know how KiCad deals with unities.
As a KiCad user I feel that the offset dialogue should be using the same mm/In mechanism selection.

After that, maybe for historical reasons, the Wings3D unit size should be kept.

You may have a look on the VRML 1 (format) models from 3D Content Central. They come with very small scale. I notice I had to scale it by 254 to make it the fit the correct size (sorry I didn't scientific investigated the math unities here). But, that it to point that different model sources will have different unities .. so I guess KiCad have to follow just one unity (the "Wings3D unity")

As a KiCad user, right now, I use the 3d Viewer mostly as an amusement feature rather than an mechanical aspects validation tool. So as long as it looks good, It will make me happy :)
but it will be nice if we keep the "science visual validation" of the PCB/models.

Regards,
Mario Luzeiro