Re: 3D-Viewer new rendering and contributions.

Le 30/07/2014 19:48, Mário Luzeiro a écrit :
> Hi Nick,

>> I have problems with an older design, where the models are offset
>> way too much. Some unit problem?
>
> I notice in some models that I got in the web (ex: Walter) (you can
> see in my first screenshots, in the SMD resistors) that they have
> added some offset in Z coord. You see that they are "levitate" in the
> PCB board. I dont know why they added it. Also IMPORTANT: I added now
> in VRML 2 the capability to parse transformation data (rotation,
> scale, scaleOrientation, center.. ) As Cirilo Bernardo pointed
> correctly, If the code is implemented correctly and the problem are
> in the model files, so the model files should be fixed. Check in your
> model files for the "Transform" tag and see if they have
> transformation data. If you have that Transform, you can remove it
> (whatever makes sense to you / your model)

I also saw it.

Looks like a unit issue.
For an historical reason, offset is given in inch.
Seems the conversion to internal units is not good.

To see this issue, just edit a 3d shape parameters of any footprint on a
board.

If you want an offset = 0.1 inch (easy to test with a DIP package), you
need to enter 0.1/25.4

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS