Re: [patch] introduce text checking in pcbnew's DRC

Le 13/08/2014 18:52, Wayne Stambaugh a écrit :
> Just to make sure I'm understanding this correctly, I can place a via or
> trace inside the text bounding box and the DRC will *not* complain
> unless the via or trace clearance from the actual text is violated.  I
> do this often because my designs are very small and I typically need
> every last bit of area I can get so using the bounding box would be
> detrimental in my use case.  Of course I could always ignore the DRC but
> I would rather the DRC give the proper checks I need.

The DRC takes in account the *actual* text shape (unless bug), and does
not use the bounding box.

More info:
Remember the on line DRC does not test texts, only the off line DRC does
that.

The clearance used in drc test is the track/pad/via clearance.
The text itself has no clearance.

Let know me if you have trouble with the DRC text check.
(I did not tested extensively the code, but I tested it with a very
large board, and few other boards)

Regards,

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS