Re: P&S plans for the near future

----- Original Message -----

[snip]
> I'd also like to add support for arcs on copper layers (for efficient
> representation of miters/meanders). Contrary to the current graphical
> arc object, I'd propose to approximate them using line segments (and
> store as such approximations) so that there's no need to add full arc
> support (for plotter/DRC/etc). What do you think?

Hi Tom,

 For the arcs I think ideally we should use real arcs; if line segments
are used then we need to be able to specify some dimensional constraint
so that the arcs appear smooth. It's only a wishlist item though since
the DRC around arcs would be a challenge. One potential issue of using
line segments is that a design can end up with very many segments in a
single arc and these segments can be accidentally dragged or deleted.

- Cirilo