Re: Build changes.

On 9/26/2014 6:14 PM, Jon Neal wrote:
> So maybe this is something that should go in INSTALL.txt, but for Fedora
> wx3 is available in repositories. The problem is that when installed it
> names it's wx-config program (which make uses for compilation flags) to
> wx3.0-config (or similar, not on my dev laptop right now). You have to
> make a symbolic link from wx3.0-config to wx-config to compile.

You should be able to use
-DwxWidgets_CONFIG_EXECUTABLE="/path/to/custom/wx3.0-config" when you
run CMake to avoid the symlink if you want to keep wxWidgets 2.8 as your
default.

> Great work moving forward with OSX. Poor compatibility with OSX has been
> one the loudest complaints I have heard from people.

I'm trying to get this improved so we can get some OSX auto-builders in
place to provide OSX packages of the latest and greatest versions of
KiCad for testing purposes.  I don't think it's a good use of time to
make KiCad easy for ordinary users to build from source.  I would rather
spend my time making KiCad easy to build for packagers.  I've always
thought asking users to build software from source was bit insane.  I
wonder response I would get if I said to my wife "Honey, here is this
great software you should try, all you have to do is open a shell and
type configure && make && make install to build and install it."  I
think it's a testament to our users who go to great lengths to build
KiCad on OSX and Windows just so they can use recent versions.  I want
to make their life (and mine) easier.