Re: eeschema drawing behavior?

Hi Nick,

hmm… seems to be reported for Windows/Linux.

I was quite busy with other things, but I’ll try to clean up everything so that I can post my patch tomorrow, maybe monday.
I don’t know if (or, think that) it will help for this report, though.

My patch primarily addresses some problems on OSX, because wxWidgets on OSX doesn’t support XOR-drawing (which is used on Windows/Linux).
As a consequence, with current code relying on XOR-drawing at some places stuff got drawn but not removed (e.g., when doing a rotate during a move)… leading to visual artifacts.
I did some OSX/WX_OVERLAY specific changes and therefore needed to cleanup drawing code in a way that XOR-drawing is only used when an item should be removed, otherwise the default (non-XOR) mode is used (this idea is already implemented at many spots, but not consistent all over the place).

The artifacts I fixed with these changes on OSX are quite different… they are always complete items that just not were removed.
The screenshot in the bug looks more like XOR-ing (i.e., trying to remove) an item with a just slightly different image, so that only the slightly different parts stay visible.
A first idea when I saw this screenshot was that maybe anti-aliasing could cause such a problem (maybe rendering items a little bit different due to various reasons). But, at second look you can see that no anti-aliasing is used.

However, maybe it’s worth a try to see if my changes also fix that issue…

Regards,
Bernhard