Re: Call for update of avhttp because of boost 1.57

On 11/12/2014 11:33 AM, Bob Gustafson wrote:
> I tried doing this on one of my blind alleys - I was able to compile
> Boost 1.57 ok,
> but then needed to do it again because the libs need to be static.
>
>   ./b2 link=static

My guess is that you should be using dynamic libraries in spite of the
bundling issues.  Bernhard, can you give Bob some guidance?

> Then there was the problem of telling kicad where the newly compiled
> boost was..

-DBOOST_ROOT=/path/to/boost-1.57

in the cmake command or

export BOOST_ROOT=/path/to/boost-1.57

before you run cmake.

> ----
>
> I think a simpler process is to just start from scratch (bzr branch
> lp:kicad)
>
> and before the 'make' step go into download_boost.cmake and make two
> changes
> - the version from 54 to 57 and on the next line change the MD5 hash result
> (see my notes below)
>
> From that point, boost will download nicely where kicad expects it to be.
>
> The problem as you have pointed out is the patch step.
>
> The first patch works (!) minkowski.hpp
> but then the 2nd patch cstdint.hpp fails

The eventual goal is to do away with our custom patched version of boost
1.54 and use a stock build (except for the gas assembly files required
to build the context library on windows) of boost 1.56 or later and use
find_package() to find boost.  I would also like to move all of the
download_foo.cmake files into a separate kicad dependency library
builder project and only use find_package() when building kicad.