Re: Detecting Colliding Zones Across Layers

I would argue that zone filling is implicit - if it was less
resource-intensive we'd do it live (perhaps we should revisit that
decision? Can we optimize the code to be interactively fast on modern
hardware?). The user assumes that zones will back off around objects to
make room.

Therefore, NOT re-filling zones before plotting should be considered a
UX bug.