Re: OSX successful build - but questions

Hi Bob,

The symbols and help are in a different repository.  Right now, there isn't
a good way to incorporate them into the bundling process.

My OSX builder does it out of cmake.  I don't really like that, but it was
the fastest way to results.

I do not think my patch for OS X search paths was accepted yet (but I don't
remember), so you might have to manually apply that patch even if you copy
help files to the right location.

The files are in the kicad-library repository. It's on github, at
https://github.com/KiCad/kicad-library.

If you check that out, and do a cmake of the libraries, and copy the
library output to /Library/Application Support/kicad/library, libraries
should show up.

This is a bit of a mess on OS X, to say the least.  We know, and we're
working on it :)

In my osx builder, it creates a kicad-extras dmg that contains the checked
out github footprints, for folks who don't have a net connection always (or
don't like using the ones on github).

FWIW, here's an image of the current output of my osx builder:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qeexd3eppfssuzi/Screen%20Shot%202015-01-02%20at%202.21.29%20PM.png?dl=0

Adam Wolf

Cofounder and Engineer

W&L