Re: Build options for asciidoc documentation

On 13 February 2015 at 12:05, Marco Ciampa <ciampix@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 11:17:24AM +0000, Brian Sidebotham wrote:
>> Hi Guys,
>>
>> I was going to start the CMake stuff soon for the asciidoc
>> documentation, but I'd like to know what toolchains people want to
>> support. I'll start a Github repo and we can get stuck in. I'll try
>> and base it on Fat-Zer's starting point where possible.
>>
>> HTML can be done via:
>>
>> asciidoc (python)
>> asciidoctor (ruby)
>
> Please note that i18n in asciidoctor is not in place so some items will
> not be nationalized. For instance the toc title or the special
> note/warning/tips will always be in English.
>
> It seems that asciidoctors devs know about the problem and in a near
> future that could be resolved.
>
> So, for now, I suggest to stick with asciidoc.

Excellent, thanks for the info Marco.

> If we manage to filter the output substituting the untranslated sections,
> that command could be used anyway.
>
>> PDF can be done via:
>>
>> a2x
>> a2x --fop (useful toolchain on Windows)
>
> Another method is to convert the document into docbook first and then use
> pdflatex to obtain the pdf output. Follow a command example:
>
> dblatex -b xetex -P latex.output.revhistory=0 -P doc.publisher.show=0 -P doc.collab.show=0 -s pdf-cover-dblatex.sty document.xml

I thought that's what a2x did? I thought its standard method was to
use dblatex to produce the PDF which is why I also mentioned the --fop
method. However, I'll start off with just a standard a2x method then
and let's see how we get on. Thank-you for the help Marco!

Best Regards,

Brian.