Re: Fedora 21 nightlies build

Miguel,

I got fedora 21 building Kicad at last without any hacking for the first time following the ideas that John Beard suggested to me I have built with wxWidgets-3.0.2.

Application: kicad
Version: (2015-02-11 BZR 5414)-product Release build
wxWidgets: Version 3.0.2 (debug,wchar_t,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,GCC 4.9.2,wx containers,compatible with 2.8)
Platform: Linux 3.17.4-301.fc21.x86_64 x86_64, 64 bit, Little endian, wxGTK
Boost version: 1.54.0
         USE_WX_GRAPHICS_CONTEXT=OFF
         USE_WX_OVERLAY=OFF
         KICAD_SCRIPTING=ON
         KICAD_SCRIPTING_MODULES=ON
         KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON=OFF
         USE_FP_LIB_TABLE=HARD_CODED_ON
         BUILD_GITHUB_PLUGIN=ON
         KICAD_USE_WEBKIT=OFF

If I find time I will revisit the wxPython build again. For the wxPython build It compiles wxWidgets without issues, but always fails on building the wxPython python module itself. I wanted access to my projects more than I wanted to debug wxPython at the moment.

I would like to also enable  the Webkit  flag to cmake.

rpm -qa | grep webkit
webkitgtk4-2.6.5-1.fc21.x86_64
webkitgtk3-devel-2.4.8-1.fc21.x86_64
webkitgtk-devel-2.4.8-1.fc21.x86_64
qtwebkit-2.3.4-1.fc21.x86_64
kdelibs-webkit-4.14.3-8.fc21.x86_64
webkitgtk3-2.4.8-1.fc21.x86_64
webkitgtk-2.4.8-1.fc21.x86_64

This appeases cmake but the compile fails in building Kicad's webkit code itself.

I would be interested if you have succeeded with either webkit or wxPython on Fedora 21.

I want to update the building kicad wiki page to have a section on building on fedora (red hat) releases. The hardest part of documenting the packages needed to build Kicad on Fedora is documenting the packages necessary to build Kicad. I can remember some of the packages that are necessary for building Kicad, but other packages I had already by building other software, and perhaps others I got from the repository because things didn't compile cleanly until I had all the ingredients.

I haven't tried building kicad against wxGTK3 but that is something that will need to happen sooner or later.